Thursday, September 03, 2009

09.03.09


My friend, MPB, said that there is no guilt in buying art materials. THANK YOU!
I went to DickBlick (hysterical name) and picked up some gouache (which I pretty much hate by association with a color class in art school) to fill in my (new) gouache palette. And a white china marker... the drawing equivalent of dancing in the dark. And a couple new sharpies; cant have too many.
This, by the way, is a leftover peanut from Fenway in china marker and gouache. Bet ya couldnt guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Good foray into the dreaded material! Do you find working with it in it's liquidy form makes a difference? I agree I hate those dried up gouache turds--not easy to get good color at all. I used wet guache all summer for my little drawings and although it still wasn't "real" paint--it was pretty darn good at times. I squeezed whole tubes into separate containers in something called a "possum palette" (purchased from dick blick as well!) so I was able to have it ready, but not dried up.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curses! Foiled again.
I went for the "squeeze the tube into the well and let it dry". If it well and truly sucks then I'll get a palette that keeps everything moist. Too much trouble to squeeze out fresh paint each time... I AM a Lazy Susan.

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home