Thursday, March 19, 2009

03.19.09


So here are my oars, newly painted. Rick did a masterful job in repainting them. There are some things I do well, some I do badly and some I just shouldnt do at all. This job is one of the latter two. They are painted Northeastern red. Blood red. I think CRI red is Rustolium red. Anyway, there isnt any official red.
The best part of having to do this is that underneath I know that they are Cambridge blue and white. Still. Waiting to be revealed again. Someday.
There's a pair of oars over at CBC which when the paint is abraded on the dock shows that they were once US National Team oars (they were donated). Something nice about that secret paint job underneath.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

So I finally got a login.
I like the idea of secret oar paint jobs as well. Or perhaps it's like asking someone what their former career was. Or who they were in a former life...

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home